Monday, 23 June 2014

I thought I saw ....

So I was taking the momma for her morning walk yesterday morning.  It has been raining so much here lately, and we finally got out between rain showers.  As we are walking in the field near our place I suddenly lurched forward.  Then I sat on mom's foot and let out a low growl.

Mom looked off into the distance to where I was growling and she saw a momma bear and two cubs also out for their morning walk.

We both stood perfectly still and watched them walk into a bunch of trees.  Then we slowly made our way home.

Mom says I was a good boy!

13 comments:

  1. Bears!! Wow!! We ain't go no bears 'round here... coyotes, yep, but not bears...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We knew we had bears, but we had not seen them before.

      Delete
  2. You did an excellent job of Mom-guarding!

    Imagine seeing a bear furmily, Yikes!

    Did you get extra treats fur the good boy work? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Freckles, I don't think I did get an extra treat!

      Delete
  3. Eeeeeeeeek!
    A bear??!? Scary!!! You were a very good boy Buddy!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it was a little scary.

      Delete
  4. Wow Buddy! Watch it round those bears! Yikes! A momma an her cubs are specially dang-r-oos!
    Hey, check this out. It's in the city where my skinsis lives.
    http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/27/Hellgate_Ospreys/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that link is very interesting! Mom has never seen an osprey before! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have nominated you, Buddy with the furmouse Liebster Award of Bloggerland!
    Read all about it here:

    http://barksandwoofsfrommrjackfreckles.blogspot.com/2014/06/whitley-nominated-me-to-be-awarded-with.html#comment-form

    If some other fur already nominated you...well...don't worry about it, BOL! Or if you are too busy, just enjoy the fun...and maybe post that you got the Liebster Award.

    ReplyDelete