Friday, 6 June 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well it is June and mom is busy trying to plant the garden.  That is nearly done, she just wants some more tomato plants and she is trying to clean the many flower beds.   This is slow going as sometimes the weather does not cooperate with her.

I think she should just take it easy and stop and smell some flowers.
Close enough to a flower for me!


Mom likes trying different things in her garden and this year she is trying to grow okra, celery and tomatillos.
Oh look, the tomatillo has blooms!
Mom was real excited to see the blooms.  I just yawned and thought, whatever.

When she isn't in the garden or the flowerbed we have been going for some nice walks.  The other day I took myself on a walk over to the neighbor's orchard and when I came back I had 5 porcupine quills in my nose.  Luckily mom is handy with the plier, and she pulled them right out.  They weren't in very deep so that was good.

Red Winged Black Bird
We have been seeing lots of these Red Winged Black birds on our walks and we really like listening to them.  They have a very nice song that they sing.
The eagles have been letting us get a little closer to them.

This one didn't even move when we approached!
Mom is hoping to maybe get a picture of the baby eagles some day, but for now we are just trying to get the eagles used to us.

I, of course, am always on the look out for critters and even on my walks I always find something to go after.
You can tell it is spring because my tail is in full bloom, BOL!
When the peeps aren't out working in the yard they are always trying different recipes.  This last weekend they made chorizo sausage and apparently it was quite good.  Of course, I did not get to sample it.
There was this many peppers in the sausage!
Well pups, since summer mean lots of outside time for the typist, I may not be around much, but will pop in when I can.  I hope that all of you are keeping well and wish everyone a safe and happy summer!

11 comments:

  1. Crikey Buddy ..... sounds like fun times ahead .... Happy holidays .... See you when you pop in. Best of luck with those eagle blokes. Blimey they are beautiful!! I sure hope you get some pics of the little ones. I'd really like to see that!! Enjoy summer ...... it's great, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mom will try to get a photo of the baby eagles. You have a great summer too, Charlie! Stay away from those chooks!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you & your mom are both busy with lots of outdoor things & adventures. Just be sure to stay away from those porcupines! Love the Eagles, hope your mom can get close enough for some baby pics. We have had so much rain lately we are not doing much outside yet, but when we do there will be lots of fun ahead. Have a great summer!

    KJ, Rain, Dozer & Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will learn to stay away from those porcupines. Mom will try to get pictures of the eagles. That would be very cool if she could. Have a great summer

      Delete
  3. Uh, I'd stay away from dose pork-u-pines, dey don't seem too nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Whitley, porcupines do not play fair.

      Delete
  4. Yikes, how did you get into that prickly dude's quills?? OUCH! Careful Buddy!

    Logs of nice pictures you got there, I like your dandelion one, at least they don't get stuck in your schnooter!

    Hooray for nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was just sniffing around and met Mr. Porcupine. Luckily mom knows what to do.

      Delete
  5. OUCH!!! Porcupine? EEk! Betcha that hurt! Glad your ok though!
    I am not much of a gardener. A few flowers out front of my house, and thats about it!
    Hope you have a great summer! And hope to see you around a little bit!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is raining right now so mom's gardening should really start popping up. I'm glad mom knew what to do when I tangled with the porcupine.

      Delete
  6. Yikes, Buddy! Stay 'way fwum dose pwickwy guys, 'kay? Ouch! Yur pichurs r pawsum an' yur beggie garden sounds weal tastee!

    ReplyDelete