|My Sunshine Award from Finley!!|
The Sunshine Award are given by bloggers to other bloggers that they admire. The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award. Thank you so much Finley!!
2. Name ten things about yourself that others might not know.
3. Pass the award on to ten other bloggers
Well, I already did number 1! See above.
Hmm, now 10 things you may not know about me. Well mom had to think about this and as we have received this award before, there isn't much new to share about me or mom. So mom has decided to share 10 things that you might not have known about my late fursis, Abby. I am sure many of you knew I had a pawsome fursis that was very much a big part of mom and dad's lives for 11.5 years. I wish I could have met her because I have some big paws to fill.
1. Abby was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever/German Shepherd cross. We know her mother was a purebread Chesapeake. Before adopting Abby, the peeps remember reading that a Chessie was considered a large and solid dog with a stubborn personality. Yes, she was stubborn, but that made her all the more endearing.
2. Abby was born in Gatineau, Quebec and was adopted in Ottawa, Ontario at the age of 8 weeks. She lived with the peeps for two years in the Ottawa Valley before the peeps returned west to Saskatchewan.
3. Abby walked softly but loved to carry big sticks.
|Abby and her stick! She found this one floating in the river one day.|
|The aftermath of one porcupine encounter. Ouch!|
|Abby with her nurse (aka mom) recovering from her CCL surgery.|
6. As a young pup, Abby took part in agility, and while she never really excelled at it, both her and mom had a good time. After moving to the prairies, her favorite thing was swimming in the river behind our house and retrieving sticks out of it.
|Abby enjoying being in the river.|
|Abby's picture in the 2013 Konan Koalition Calendar.|
|Mom modelling her Konan Koalition hoodie. Yes, I am indeed a 78 pound lap dog!|
|Abby in the 2013 Sanctuary for Senior Dogs calendar|
9. Abby gave the peeps 11.5 very happy years as a faithful and trustworthy companion. She was my dad's first ever dog and she taught him the relationship a man can have with his dog. I am trying my best to emulate her and mom says I am doing a great job. I have already turned into a mighty hunter just like she was the mighty huntress. If I know there is vermin outside, I am after it. Thank you Abby for teaching me from the Bridge how to be such an awesome dog.
|Abby, she was quite the photogenic pup!|
Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me share my pawsome Angel sis with you.
|Abby - January 12, 2001 to August 5, 2012|
We love you, we miss you, rest easy sweet girl.